Meltdown of Euro banks hits China , economy slows.
U.S. total debt and liabilities hit $116 trillion.
U.S. unemployment remains stubbornly high.
Banks forced to sell foreclosed property to meet liquidity requirements.
Federal Reserve announces QE-3 to induce economic growth.
Consumer spending stuck in the mud.
Half of homeowners are under water as home values continue down.
Payroll tax reinstated after two month extension, consumers frozen.
Oil back over $150/bbl causing large drop in consumer spending.
This all adds up to "OPPORTUNITY"! But you have to be ready, willing and able to act. For those that are, the rewards over the next three to five years should be beyond great. You also need a plan. Here is our plan to guide our clients to wins in 2012.
1) Have no debt where possible. Debt causes fear and fear never wins!
2) Know how much you need to run your life each day, i.e. a budget.
3) List where the money for your budget comes from, i.e. work, investment income, Social Security, etc.
4) Have an emergency reserve fund in cash. Enough that you can sleep at night.
5) Dollar cost average in to positive long term investment trends.
What are the positive long term trends? Here are a few favorites, without the names...which are our "special sauce". Technology, biotech, health care, energy, precious metals, food/ agriculture.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND THOSE YOU LOVE!
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which investment(s) may be appropriate for you, consult your financial advisor prior to investing. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results. All indices are unmanaged and may not be invested into directly.